Slow Roasted Mushroom Strips
Here's an easy way to make mushroom strips at home!
Prep Time: 8 Hours
Cook Time: 4 Hours
Yield: 4 cups
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari, adjust according to your likeness
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 4 large or medium Portobello mushroom caps, sliced into strips about 1/4-inch thick
HOW TO DO IT:
- Combine tamari, vinegar, syrup, olive oil, paprika, and chili. Transfer to a rectangular, airtight container and add the mushroom slices. Marinate them for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 250° F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Arrange the mushroom slices on the sheets. Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the pieces have shrunken, browned slightly, and dried out. They should have a chewy texture. Flip slices at the 1 hour mark.
- Allow the slices to cool completely before transferring them to an airtight container. Stored in the fridge, the jerky will keep for up to 1 week.
Original Recipe: Food52