Crispy Shiitake Bacon
Who says you can't eat bacon when you are vegan? You can! I got this recipe from Pinterest, I found it very tasty just like a real bacon. This recipe will allow you to eat a VEGAN bacon that is perfect as a topping for salad, pasta or a side dish for your meal, whatever you can think about!
Yield: About 6oz
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Here's what you'll need:
- 8 oz Shiitake mushroom, sliced (Fresh shiitake mushrooms is the best option)
- 1 tablespoon Tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 mist of high heat oil
How to make it:
- Pre heat your oven to 325 Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, add the sliced mushroom. Season it with smoked paprika, salt and tamari. Lightly spray it with oil and then stir until all pieces are evenly coated with seasoning.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat and place your seasoned mushroom. Make sure there is a space between each slice of mushroom.
- Bake it in the oven for a total of 15-30 minutes. Make sure it is evenly cooked on each side, check and toss every 10 minutes.
- When the mushroom starts to shrink and look crisp on the edge you can remove it from the oven.
- Allow to cool completely before serving. Shiitake bacon strips gets crisper as they cool.
- You can store it in a container for up to 5 days!
As easy as that, you have a crispy shiitake bacon. Enjoy!